Our team are highly experienced when it comes to getting you what’s owed. Our tax returns start from £200 plus VAT.
CIS tax returns: What we need
To get started, we’ve provided a list of documents we require in order to secure a quick refund:
- CIS statements for the past year
- Information on sites you have worked on
- Copy of expenses receipts, invoices for tools and equipment
- Proof of mileage (usually your MOT certificate)
This is just a snapshot of what is required from you to ensure that there are no problems during the filing process. To better understand what documents you’re required to provide, speak to one of our advisors.
How long will it take?
Essentially, the more information you can provide us with, the quicker we can prepare your CIS return. It is also important to note HMRC is experiencing a busy period due to a new tax year, and with staff now assigned to help taxpayers through COVID-19, delays are expected.
We suggest getting the ball rolling as soon as possible, as now is a popular time for CIS returns to be submitted.
CIS tax rates
Currently, subcontractors are subject to the following rates:
- 0% – subcontractor has ‘gross payment’ status
- 20% – registered subcontractors
- 30% – unregistered subcontractors